Considering the value of bitcoin and the market of cryptocurrency, the need for a crypto or bitcoin wallet has become imperative. It is not just the investors who need to have it but also those who even own a small amount of bitcoin.
However, when the question is of choosing a crypto wallet, there are always some questions in everyone’s mind. One has to check various things like fees, security features, type of wallet, and whatnot.
If you want to store, accept, and secure your cryptocurrency, here are some great wallet choices for you!
Top Bitcoin Wallets Based on Category
To make choosing a bitcoin wallet easy for you, we have compiled this list for you!
Trezor Model T: Most Secure
Ok, let’s begin with the most critical feature in a wallet, security. If your primary concern for a bitcoin wallet is security, go for this one. The Trezor Model T has some pretty awesome features like:
- Hardware-based cold storage that is not connected to the network.
- Shamir backup is a Trezor-designed security standard that can produce 16 recovery phrases.
- Full-color touchscreen display
- User-friendly and easy to set up
- Allows you to get recovery using a recovery seed.
- Supports 1816 coins
- The wallet is free; however, the transaction fee is applicable.
Electrum: Ideal for Bitcoin
If you are just a fan of bitcoin and are planning to store only bitcoin, you must check the Electrum wallet. It is by far the best wallet that has been out there for over 10 years. Though it only supports bitcoin, it has been developed brilliantly over the years.
- The storage category that Electrum has is hot, which means that your bitcoin will be stored online.
- You can easily connect it to the bitcoin blockchain using Electrum’s Simple Payment Verification.
- If you are worried about downtime, don’t be. The servers of Electrum are redundant and decentralized that are never down.
Coinbase Wallet: Beginner-Friendly
If you are a newbie to crypto investing, you need an easy-to-use bitcoin wallet, and Coinbase is the perfect choice for you. The best thing about the Coinbase wallet is its ability to store thousands of different types of coins. Other than that, it offers the following features!
- It is the popular exchange, the Coinbase exchange, that makes it a perfect choice for beginners as it supports various cryptocurrencies.
- The wallet allows you to have complete control over the private keys, making it a non-custodial wallet.
- Just like most wallets, it is hot storage. All your coins will be stored online.
Ledger Nano X: Cost Effective
If you want a functional yet a bit affordable wallet, it is time to try the Ledger Nano X. The wallet has a nominal price with the following features!
- It is a cold storage wallet that is not connected to the network.
- The wallet offers support for over 5500 coins.
- Bluetooth enables design, so there is no hardwired connection.
- Optimum security with the Secure Element security chip.
These are some of the best bitcoin wallet that you can get. Each one of them is dedicated to one unique feature. Hence, you can use any of them based on your preference.